Children with ADHD or ADD have difficulty getting organized, keeping their focus, or make thoughtful plans before reacting to situations. They may have difficulty with academic subjects as it is hard for them to stop fidgeting long enough to pay attention in class. Although there are some gender differences in displaying the problematic behaviors, these conditions affect boys as well as girls. If you have concerns about your child’s behavior at home and/or school, please call us. We will set up a meeting with you to discuss your concerns as well as getting information about the family’s history. We then sit down with your child for an in debt assessment of the behavioral concerns. Ideally we would want to hear from the child’s teachers to be able to best address the academic problems your child is facing. Using an integrated, comprehensive system of services, this personalized, multidisciplinary treatment plan may include:
* Psychoeducational Evaluation
* Individual and Family Therapy
* Social Competence Group Therapy
* Educational and Tutorial Recommendations & Support Services
* Integrated Case Management
We are available to join with families at school meetings when needed to report and interpret findings and to coordinate support services.
After a comprehensive assessment, our psychologist will address learning differences, attention problems and other educational concerns with you and your child. Integrating developmental, social, emotional and biological factors, this psychological evaluation helps further clarify an individual’s processing style to design educational planning and therapeutic strategies and recommendations.
Call us today to see if we can help.
- Cocaine Addiction and Abuse - August 19, 2016
- Cocaine Addiction and Abuse - August 18, 2016
- Teen College Admissions - August 13, 2016
- Career Guidance - August 13, 2016
- Take Action - July 10, 2016
- Teen Suicide Prevention - September 21, 2015
- Teen Social Skills - September 21, 2015
- Teen Grief Counseling - September 21, 2015
- Teen Depression - September 21, 2015
- Teen Anxiety - September 21, 2015